Town of Acton Recreation Department
Skip to nav
2022 NARA Summer Camp
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Refund Policy: You may withdraw up to seven (7) business days prior to the start of a session. A $50 non-refundable fee will be applied for each session. Pre-Camp and Post-Camp: A fee of $10 is applied for each session. After the refund timeframe no refunds will be issued. Exception to refund policy timeframe: a written letter from a licensed physician excusing participant from a program prior to the first day of session start date. In the event of physician’s note the non-refundable registration fee still applies. Refunds will not be issued due to weather conditions or any water closure. All refund requests must be submitted in writing to the Recreation Office. Refund requests are not accepted by NARA Summer Staff.
NARA Summer Camp creates an environment that encourages children to grow both physically and socially. Our dedicated staff works with peer groups to engage children in healthy outdoor activity along with enrichment opportunities that are challenging and fun. A variety of age-appropriate activities is offered each week including arts & crafts, drama, sports, group challenges, nature studies, swimming and more! Additional special activities and field trips are based on each week’s theme.
Please note: There is no waiting list, please watch for cancellations at "View Seats" if your week is full.
Thursday Field Trips Are Back!
Ages 6-15: Southwick Zoo
Ages 4-5: Great Brook State Farm
Ages 4-15: One Stop Fun
Ages 6-15: New England Aquarium
Ages 4-5: Drumlin Farm
Ages 6-15: Water Country
Ages 4-5: The Discovery Museum
Ages 6-15: Canobie Lake Park
Ages 4-5: Camp Acton
Ages 4-15: Kimball Farm
Ages 6-15: Boundless Adventures
Ages 4-5: Bowling at The Drome
Ages 6-15: The EcoTarium
Ages 4-5: The Butterfly Place
Ages 6-15: Altitude Trampoline Park
Ages 4-5: Castle in the Trees Playground
DEADLINE FOR REGISTERING EACH WEEK IS THE PRIOR THURSDAY AT TWELVE O'CLOCK NOON.
ALL-SEASON DISCOUNT -- NON-REFUNDABLE, NO CANCELLATIONS
A 10% discount is available if you enroll your child for all sessions of NARA Summer Camp on one receipt. You must enroll for the entire summer at the same time--additional weeks cannot be added at a later date. Registrations cannot be combined.
If you choose this discount, you must agree that your child's registration cannot be cancelled; it is non-refundable and non-exchangeable for all weeks.
The All-Season Discount does not apply to Pre-Care or Post-Care. Please register for these options separately.
Due to economic circumstances we are not able to offer a sibling discount.
2022 NARA Day Camp Guidelines
NARA Camp continues to follow the recommendations provided by the American Camp Association (ACA), CDC and Acton Board of Health. The following are prevention and treatment methods outlined by the ACA for NARA Camp:
-We ask that all staff and/or campers stay home if they are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
- All campers must bring a filled water bottle labeled with their name on it.
- Campers and Staff will wash their hands or use hand sanitizer every time they switch activities. For an example, leaving arts & crafts, before and after lunch, leaving nature block, after sunscreen application times, etc.
- Masks are completely optional for both staff and campers.
- Staff will clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, such as door knobs, faucets, equipment, and more.
- Drop-off and pick-up will be a drive-through process at the Miracle Field, 75 Quarry Road.
- Every staff member and camper must pass a health screening at the beginning of each day. Anyone who does not pass cannot be at camp.
- Visitors (including parents) are not permitted.
PLEASE REVIEW THE PARENT HANDBOOK / 2022
SESSION WEEKS AND THEMES
- #1: June 27-July 1 Disney Week
- #2: July 5-July 8 Mystery Week
- #3: July 11-15 Pirate Week
- #4: July 18-22 Superhero Week
- #5: July 25-29 Olympics Week
- #6: Aug. 1-5 Carnival Week
- #7: Aug. 8-12 NARA Ninja Warrior Week
- #8: Aug. 15-19 Star Wars Week
- #9: Aug. 22-26 NARA’s Got Talent Week
Additional Forms and Files: